How to Make
Cardboard Masquerade Masks
- Scissors or x-acto knife
- Glue gun
- Acrylic paint
- Things to decorate the masks: pompoms, feathers, stickers, markers, tape, stick-on jewels - whatever you can mark with or stick on!
- Wooden dowel rods for holding
- Masking tape for reinforcing the dowel rod
Allow time for paint to dry before getting the kids involved
- Start by cutting out the eyeglass “frames” from cardboard boxes. (We used an x-acto knife, but scissors will work too.) You can also cut strips of cardboard like we did to attach to the glasses for added drama.
- Paint the cardboard pieces and let dry.
Assembling with Kids:
- Let the kids pick out their mask frame and any cardboard pieces they want to attach. Grownups will need to use the glue gun to attach the cardboard strips.
- Use regular glue for adhering pom poms and feathers.
- Use markers and / or stickers for decorating.
- Grownups to attach the dowel rod with a glue gun at the end. Reinforce with tape as needed.